Making passport in India is supposed to be hard, it has become the psychology of Indian People, but it is not like that. Our Government has made it so flexible and easy process to apply passport, now there is an online process also available, you do not have to go anywhere and hire third party for applying passport, just log on to the Government website www.passportindia.gov.in and apply online from this website only. You will have to register yourself in this website and then apply. After filling the form, you will get appointment of your nearest passport center to submit your required documents.
Types of Passport
A.) There are three kinds of passport available in India by colour wise
1. Blue (Regular and Tatkal)
For General People
2. White (Official)
This is for Official people (Government people) who used to visit outside India for official purpose
3. Maroon (Diplomatic)
For Indian Diplomats and Senior Government Worker
B.) For based on making duration
1. General Passport (40-45 Days)
2. Tatkal Passport (3-7 Days)(You have to spend Rs 2000 more)
How to apply for Tatkal Passport
If you need to have passport immediately, there is an option to apply Tatkal passport Online, you will get this in 3-7 days. You will have to spend Rs 2000 more than general application. In this Tatkal process, First of all, you will have to fill the online application form online, with this form, an Annexure-I must be filled for Tatkal scheme, in which you declare each and every information about you. Secondly, you will have to verify yourself from a Government gazetted officer. He will verify that, he knows you. That's all. Once you will do your formalities, you will get you Tatkal passport in 3-7 days at your home by registered post.
Eligibility: who can make their passport?
1. You should be Indian Citizens
2. Minimum age: One day old, Maximum age: No limit
3. To make the passport of your child (Only Affidavit is needed, if your parents is already having passport)
What are the documents needed?
1. Age Proof (Birth Certificate, 10th Mark sheet self attested), if not having your birth certificate, you will have to get certificate from first class magistrate (SDM and Senior Officer)
2. Address Proof (Voter ID Card, Pan Card, Bank Passbook, Driving Licence etc)
3. ID Proof: Voter Card, Unique ID, Pan Card, Driving Licence
4. Latest Photos: It is captured at the passport office.
Passport making Fees
1. Rs 1500, Validity 10 years, 36 pages, new or renew
2. Rs 2000, Validity 10 years, 60 pages, new or renew
3. Rs 3500, Tatkal, 10 years, 36 pages, new or renew
4. Rs 4000 Tatkal, 10 years, 60 pages, new or renew
5. Rs 3000, Make Duplicate Passport, 36 pages (stolen case or lost)
6. Rs 3500, Make Duplicate Passport, 60 pages (stolen or lost)
7. Rs 1000, for less than 18 years
Passport Centres in New Delhi
1. Passport Service Centre, Hudko, Trikut-3, Bhikajeecama Place, R K Puram, New Delhi - 110066
Passport Service Centre, Ground and First Floor, Herald House, 5A, Bahadur Sah Zafar Marg, New Delhi - 110002
3. Passport Service Centre, Agarwal Auto Mall, Plot no 2, District Centre Shalimar Place, Outer Ring Road, New Delhi - 110088
Timing: Mon- Fri, 9:30 to 4:30
Various Passport Service Centers in India
Search your nearest office: http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/rpo
Be Correction of your passport
What you should do, if any wrong information printed in your passport, just consult any passport office, and get it correction soon, there is no any fees for that. If someone will ask money from you, just consult the senior officer immediately and make FIR at your nearest Police Station against him against corruption.
Corruption at local police station
It is always seen that, Police officer who verify your passport, used to ask money for verification, but there is not such verification fees, you do not need to pay them up, it is fully black money asked by police officer. Never give black money, if you are giving that money, you will also be called corrupted person. I had a chat with DCP Vigilence Office New Delhi at 011-23210011 and he told me, there is no rule to give any single money to Local Passport Verification Officer.
If you such black money would be demanded by someone for verification
Just consult DCP Special Branch
Police Bhawan, Asif Ali Road, New Delhi - 2
Phone: 011- 2323-4091, 011-23210011
At last the conclusion
Official Website: www.passportindia.gov.in
Toll Free Number: 1800-258-1800
Note: The Information is taken from Passport Official website and one news paper (NBT)